Regardless of the products you use, whether it’s Monat or Suave, hair loss isn’t caused by products. Allergic reactions are possible, 100%! The signs of an allergic reaction to a topical product are redness, itching, pain, swelling, hives, etc. Any allergic reaction should be dealt with by your physician. If hair loss/shedding/breakage is a concern of yours, the best way for you to move forward is to:
- pinpoint which. hair loss, shedding or breakage (we SHOULD lose 50-100 hairs per day- hair grows and sheds in phases)
- pinpoint the cause and treat appropriately. treatment is endless depending on the cause, and some may require follow up with a dermatologist or trichologist.
- focus on scalp health over anything else. Oil treatments and the Hair Thinning Defense Serum can be a great part of this routine.
- if you don’t have a water softener, invest in a shower head filter. hard water is more damaging to hair than bleach.
- take monthly progress photos of your hair and the thinnest areas. We are our own worst critics when it comes to things like hair loss, weight, etc. So progress photos are the best way to truly measure progress.
Need a plan? I can help find vegan products for your specific needs. Start with this quiz.